We all love the weekend! A break from the normal routine does one well. Personally I also like to change things up over the weekend. I believe that your body learns to do adapt to certain foods, routines, and procedures. Boosting my body with a nutrient packed breakfast this morning. 😉
Dislike that fact how restaurants classify a “Health Breakfast” on any menu as; Granola with Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and honey drizzled over. Yeah, sounds health, but here is the break down:
- Granola – Oats & nuts baked in syrup/sugar/honey [1 Cup = 500 Calories]
- Greek yogurt – High in protein [The only thing healthy here]
- Fresh fruit – High in fructose sugars [Dried fruit is x 2 times worse]
- Honey – Consist of monosaccharides fructose [The same level of sweetness as granulated sugar]
The end result, a lot of sugar! This will most likely cause an insulin spike. This means you will have a lot of energy after breakfast. An hour later, your blood glucose levels will have dropped & you will feel tired. 🙁 My solution; make your own granola with seeds. Seeds is a fantastic way to provide nutrients while giving you the satisfaction of chewing something. I used the follow mix of seeds, each for their nutritional purposes. I used a teaspoon to scoop each into the bowl. Sliced half a banana and added 100ml Plain unsweetened yogurt.
- Plain & unsweetened yogurt
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chai seeds
- Go-ji berries
- Banana slices
- Coconut shavings
The final touch was 1 x fried egg on the side. Protein help to sustain energy levels. Which then helps you stay fuller for longer!
This was my Breakfast Bowl. What do you think?